eLearners Meal Pickup Ordering Information
Online learners need to order their meals online by 9:30 am daily. Meal pick up 11:00-12:30 at the front entrance of district schools. Please click here for more information.
Los pedidos deberán hacerse antes de las 9:30 a.m. todos los días para poder retirarlos el MISMO día. El horario de retiro será de 11:00 a 12:30 diariamente en todas las escuelas del distrito. Haga clic aquí para obtener más información.
Nutrition Services: Providing healthy meals for energy throughout the day
Fueling Future Minds
History of School Nutrition Programs
In 1946, the U. S. Congress created the National School Lunch Program (NSLP), as a measure of national security to safeguard the health and well-being of the Nation's children and to encourage the consumption of nutritious domestic agricultural commodities and other food. In 1966, Congress created the School Breakfast Program (SBP).
The basic objectives of both programs remain the same today. School nutrition programs serve education, families, and communities in these ways:
- Children who are well nourished perform better and have fewer absences
- Nourished children experience fewer social and psychological difficulties
- School meals provide balanced nutrition and minimize food safety concerns
- Parents appreciate the convenience, quality, and affordability of school meals
- School meals support the local economy and provide jobs
- Colorado schools serve 49.1 million lunches and 7.7 million breakfasts each year
- Over 3,000 foodservice professionals serve Colorado's children each day
- Average daily participation in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP) is 287,846
- Average daily participation in the School Breakfast Program (SBP) is 45,271
- Over 700 schools participate in the School Breakfast Program (SBP)
- Harrison Nutrition Services employs 124 professionals
- Over 500,000 breakfasts are served in our schools yearly
- Over 1,200,000 lunches are served in our schools yearly
- Average daily participation in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP) is 6,953
- Average daily participation in the School Breakfast Program (SBP) is 2,970
Nutrition Services Department