By the Numbers
Soaring Eagles opened in 2003 with 250 students. We are happy to report that we now serve 560 students. In the 15 years that we have served our community, we have earned 7 awards including:
- 2009 – National Blue Ribbon Award
- 2010 – Milken Award – Mrs. Oellig
- 2011 – National Title I School
- 2014 – High Achiever’s Award, CDE
- 2016 – National Blue Ribbon Award
- 2016 – John Irwin Award
- 2016 - Best of the Springs
- 2017 – High Achiever’s Award, CDE
- 2017 - Colorado Teacher of the Year - Mrs. Gillette Randle
- 2017 - John Irwin Award
- 2017 - Best of the Springs
- 2018 - High Flyers Award, CDE
- 2018 - Best of the Springs
33 Highly Qualified Licensed Teachers (12 Distinguished)
- K-5 teachers
- CLDE teacher
- Special education teacher
- School Counselor and Military & Family Life Counselor
- Literacy Coach
11 Dedicated Paraprofessionals (4 distinguished)
- 1 Library Tech
- 1 CLDE para
- 9 Instructional Paraprofessionals
Before School Clubs and Activities
- French Club - Learn how to speak French
- Chess - Learn how to play the strategic game of chess. We have the largest 3-5th grade chess program in the district.
- Art - Learn more about how to create great works of art.
- Battle of the Books - Read great books and compete in a district-wide tournament at the end of the year.
- Girls on the Run - for girls in 3-5th grades - promotes individual achievement and self-confidence
- Intramurals such as basketball, field hockey, football, cross country, kickball, volleyball, and soccer are offered to third through fifth grade students.
- eS2S - Student Leadership program for all students