Dear Parents and Guardians:
HSD2 will provide Pikes Peak Elementary students with FREE school supplies for eLearners as well as in person learners for the 2020-2021 school year. Students will only need to bring a backpack.
The District will use Title I funds to purchase the school supplies for K-8 students to be provided in the classroom. We believe this will be a benefit to students, parents, and teachers by ensuring students have what they need.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at 719-579-2180.
Uniform Dress Policy
PIKES PEAK ELEMENTARY UNIFORM DRESS POLICY
2020 – 2021
Scientifically Proven Benefits of a Uniform Only Policy
- Reduce non-academic distractions
- Less stress on parents
- Improved feelings of community
- Reduced student behavioral problems
BOTTOMS (Solid Color: Tan, Navy Blue, or Black ONLY)
PANTS, SHORTS, SKIRT, SKORT/SHORTS, CAPRIS, LEGGINGS UNDER A FIRST LAYER
- Pants/Capri’s: Sagging is not allowed. Full length pants may not be rolled up to shorten the length. Navy stitching on navy pants, tan stitching on tan pants, and black stitching on black pants.
- NO JEANS.
- Shorts/Skort/Skirt: MUST BE finger length
- Jumpers: Solid Color tan, navy, or black
TOPS (Solid Color: Red, White, Navy Blue, Black)
LONG SLEEVE OR SHORT SLEEVE, POLO SHIRTS, T-SHIRT, BLOUSE OR PIKES PEAK SHIRT
- Polo style shirts (two or three button style
- NO logos – EXCEPT PIKES PEAK LOGO
- One red, white, or navy blue crewneck, short or long sleeve T-shirt or turtleneck may also be worn under the polo shirts.
SECOND LAYER TOPS (SOLID COLOR: RED, WHITE, OR NAVY BLUE, BLACK)
- Cardigan Sweater (Zipper or button style)
- Sweatshirt (NO LOGOS, SOLID COLORS)
- Hooded Sweatshirt or Zipper Sweat Jacket
- No Jackets
- Undershirts allowed to be worn under polo shirts or second layer tops; must be uniform color
Safe footwear is required at all times. No flip-flops, sandals, house shoes/slippers or shoes with wheels.
Dress NOT allowed
- NO LOGOS on any clothing; except a PPE LOGO
- NO sweat or jersey pants
- NO clothing that is too tight fitting or oversized
- NO jeans, except on designated “jean days”
- NO athletic style shorts/clothing
- NO hats are to be worn in the building, exception designated “hat days”
- NO jackets inside the building.
Uniform options available for sale in the front office.