Harrison School District Two's (HSD2) Communications Department exists to increase awareness, understanding, involvement, and support for schools through effective communication and community engagement.
HSD2 shares information and involves the community in major programs and activities in the district. These programs and activities often involve committees comprised of a broad cross-section of representatives, including parents, staff, and community members. District staff also serve as resources and content-area experts on committees.
HSD2's Communications team uses a variety of methods to provide parents, staff, and the community with ongoing, timely, accurate information regarding district programs and activities, including:
- Parent and staff e-newsletters
- Mass Notifications to parents via text, phone, and email
- Let's Talk! Two Way Stakeholder Engagement Tool
- Website updates and in-depth information
- Public information/input meetings, and a variety of community engagement activities
- Media news releases and announcements