As a teacher at Stratmoor Hills Elementary for eleven years, I have found that my passion for and commitment to teaching have only grown with every group of students that have passed through my classroom. I have dedicated my career to educating the whole child, mind, body, and heart. Every child deserves an education that not only focuses on academics, but also on character development, physical health, and encouraging the child’s interests.
As a teacher, I have taught fifth grade at Stratmoor Hills for all eleven years of my career. I received my undergraduate degree at the University of Northern Colorado and have a masters in reading from Regis University. I believe all children can succeed with the correct support and need to be held to high expectations. My job as an educator is to challenge my students to achieve at high levels, while at the same time engaging them to love learning by incorporating their interests, cultivating growth mindsets, and developing a community within my classroom. I have organized and facilitated Student Council and Kids on Bikes for my students. At the end of the day, students are at the heart of education.
Each night students have assigned chapters from a novel and comprehension questions they need to complete. On Fridays, students also have weekly progress reports that need to be signed and returned on Mondays.
Please remember homework needs to be completed or homework detention will be assigned and students will miss out on the monthly Stinger Store.
- Informational Texts
- Comparing and Contrasting
- Vocabulary - context clues
- Expository Essays that include:
- Hook, topic, thesis
- Five Paragraphs
- Quoting from Texts
- Adding/Subtracting Fractions
- Multiplying/Dividing Fractions
- Word Problems
- weather tools
- predicting the weather
- weather maps
- water cycle
- Scientific Method
Online Resources to Use at Home:
- iReady - https://login.i-ready.com/
- Imagine Math - https://lms.thinkthroughmath.com/users/sign_in
- Science: Human Body - https://kidshealth.org/en/kids/center/htbw-main-page.html?WT.ac=k-nav
- Math Review - https://www.khanacademy.org/math/cc-fifth-grade-math
- Tuesday, Feb. 6th – Orchestra Field Trip
- Tuesday, Feb. 13th – Parent Night at 5:00
- Monday, Feb. 19th – Presidents’ Day – No School
- Monday, March 5th – Teacher Work Day – No School
- Friday, March 16th – End of 3rd Quarter