The school utilizes multiple platforms to ensure parents, the community, and the school district are consistently provided with up-to-date, relevant information. Communication to and from families is expected to occur daily, weekly, monthly, or quarterly.
School Communication Tools
- District Email (staff required response time is 24 hours)
- Class Dojo (serves as our main communication tool for teacher-parent interactions)
- Zoom/Microsoft Teams Video Conferencing (parent-teacher conferences, live learning sessions, virtual meetings)
- Zoom/Microsoft Teams Live Events (Town Halls, Q&A Sessions, Parent University - completed monthly or quarterly)
- Video Recording within Microsoft Teams or Canvas (synchronous and asynchronous learning sessions)
- Canvas (announcements, discussion threads, scheduling, learning platform)
- Traditional Phone Calls (voicemails will be reviewed daily and a response will be rendered before the close of business each day)
School and District Communication Tools
- Website (updated regularly to ensure pertinent district and school information is shared in a timely manner)
- YouTube (specific topics of interest or tutorials are shared)
- Facebook (updated regularly as needed to share pertinent information with families)
- Robo Calls (Infinite Campus - used before holidays, school events, emergency schedule changes, emergency notices, etc)
Student Cell Phones
- We understand that cell phones are an important part of family communication, however, they can be disruptive to learning. Students should not be on their cell phones during online classes at any time or when attending in-person learning pods. If there is a family emergency or a need that requires the student to use a cell phone during class, parents must communicate with their student's teacher prior to the start of a live class session. Cell phones must be turned off and remain in the student’s backpack while attending Aspire Online Academy’s satellite locations for in-person learning.