Notice of Non-Discrimination
Harrison School District Two is an equal-opportunity educational institution and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, or any other applicable status protected by federal, state, or local law. A lack of English skills will not be a barrier to participation or admission.
If you have questions or concerns regarding the non-discrimination policies, please contact:
Human Resources Manager
1060 Harrison Rd
Colorado Springs, CO 80905
Title IX is a federal law protecting students and staff from sex-based discrimination in any educational program or activity in universities and PreK-12 school districts that receive federal funding.
Harrison School District Two is committed to providing a working and learning environment that is free from discrimination based on sex (which includes sexual harassment, sexual violence and gender-based harassment). Inquiries about the application of Title IX and its regulations to the District may be referred to the District’s Title IX Coordinator, the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights of the United States Department of Education, or both:
Title IX Coordinator
1060 Harrison Road
Colorado Springs, CO 80905
Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
U.S. Dept. of Education Office for Civil Rights
400 Maryland Ave., SW
Washington, D.C. 20202-1100
1-800-421-3481; 1-800-877-8339 (TDD)
Who can file a Title IX complaint?
Any person may report sex discrimination, including sexual harassment, to the Title IX Coordinator, regardless of whether the person reporting is the person alleged to be the victim of conduct that could constitute sex-based discrimination or sexual harassment.
How can I contact the Title IX Coordinator or file a complaint?
Any person can contact the Title IX Coordinator in person, by mail, telephone, or by electronic mail. Reports can be made to the Title IX Coordinator at any time, including during non-business hours, by using the contact information listed above.
Title IX Procedures & Forms
- Sexual Harassment Investigation Procedures (District Policy AC-R-2)
- Nondiscrimination/Equal Opportunity (Title IX) Formal Complaint Form (District Policy AC-E-2)
- District Policy AC: Nondiscrimination/Equal Opportunity
- District Policy AC-E-1: Nondiscrimination/Equal Opportunity (Notification)
- District Policy AC-E-3: Support of Transgender Students
- District Policy AC-E -4: Gender Transition Plan – Refer to District Policy at https://go.boarddocs.com/co/hsd2/Board.nsf/Public#
- District Policy AC-E -5: Gender Support Plan – Refer to District Policy at https://go.boarddocs.com/co/hsd2/Board.nsf/Public#
- District Policy AC-R-1: Nondiscrimination/Equal Opportunity
- District Policy GB: Treatment of Staff/Respectful Workplace/Anti-Bullying
- District Policy GBAA: Sexual Harassment
- District Policy GBEB-R-1: Staff Conduct (and Responsibilities) Professional Boundaries with Students
Title IX Training
The following Title IX training resources have been utilized by Harrison School District Two.