August 2020 Newsletter
WELCOME BACK PANORAMA COUGARS!
It is with a great amount of flexibility and grace that we enter into this 2020-2021 school year. We are extremely excited to interact with our students. As the building principal, I cannot tell you what the year will look like or what to expect, except for a lot of change! I am learning as you are. What I can assure you as the Panorama community of administrators, teachers, students, parents/guardians, and partners is that I will work tirelessly to make sure we address the ever-changing needs to keep students safe and healthy while still ensuring a quality education! Our students' health and safety are our number one priority so we are adhering to all guidelines that our district and CDC have put out for the health and safety of all! As a part of this, we are asking all families and students who are entering the building to have face masks and be clear of COVID symptoms such as shortness of breath, cough, sore throat, the new loss of taste/smell, fever, or body aches. We thank you in advance for helping us provide a clean and safe environment for our staff and community!
In addition to new guidelines for operation, we have also added some amazing new staff members! Panorama Administration would like to take this time to introduce all of our new staff to our building:
- David Yuschalk - Math
- Jane Lovelidge - Math
- Samantha Rose - English/Language Arts
- Wendy Robinson - English/Language Arts
- Jacqueline Patterson - English/Language Arts
- Kenneth Johnson - English/Language Arts
- Brian Barela - Social Studies
- Jacob "Aaron" Sirmon - Science
- Chloe Gomez - Science
- Lena Olsen - Science
- Juliana Schwindt - SPED
- Emily Jones - Girls' PE
- Andrew Ginster - STEAM
Please help them feel welcome. We are excited to have such a great team of enthusiastic teachers joining our team. They spent a week with some of our most veteran and successful teachers being acculturated to Panorama. We know that they will do amazing things to keep our students engaged and challenged.
In order to make sure our students have every opportunity to engage in learning, there are several things that we need as a school from our families.
- Check-In/ Registration: Please be sure you have completed our student check-in and registration process. If you have not completed this, please either complete an online registration form (SPANISH VERSION) or come into the building. WE WILL NOT BE ISSUING SCHOOL SUPPLIES OR COMPUTERS TO FAMILIES WHO HAVE NOT COMPLETED THIS STEP!
- Sign Up for Laptop Check-Out and Remote Learning Orientation: It is important due to social distancing that students and families sign up for Laptop Check-Out and Orientation. Please see these links to see available times or call the front office for support in scheduling this. ALL STUDENTS MUST GET A LAPTOP AND DO ORIENTATION IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE IN THE FIRST THREE WEEKS OF SCHOOL BECAUSE OF REMOTE LEARNING!
Please select the sign-up link that matches your student's status for the upcoming year. You will see the session times and dates that are available as well:
6th Grade/New Students to HSD2:
7th/8th Grade Students:
SPORTS AND ACTIVITIES UPDATE:
In regards to remote learning and sports, all sports are going ahead as planned starting August 10th, 2020. We are still waiting on an update from CHSAA and Governor Polis on what the fall sports season will look like. Until that time, we are requiring all athletes and coaches wear masks inside the building (outside, athletes do not need to wear one while exercising, but must still have one if they are not actively practicing), check-in every day to assess their temperatures and symptoms, sanitizing all equipment, and maintain social distancing. We will follow the CHSAA guidelines as they are updated. You can follow https://chsaanow.com/ for live updates.
Transportation will be provided by the district to and from practices. When the district informs us of the schedule of drop-off and pick-up times, we will post it to our website and Facebook.
Thank you for your patience and flexibility at this time and feel free to reach out to Nick Karn at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 719-579-3224 with any questions.