Online Registration Process
CHOICE WINDOW OPEN!
December 10, 2018 - March 15, 2019
To apply for Choice enrollment at Harrison School District 2:
- Click the link below and print/complete the Choice Enrollment Application 2019-20
- Applications are accepted only at the Student Support Office located at 1060 Harrison Road
- Be sure to bring a photo ID and any required documents (application will not be accepted without an ID)
Before you begin the registration process, please ensure you have all of the required documents. Registration cannot be completed without these documents. It is the parent or guardian’s responsibility to provide the following items: birth certificate, immunization, and a current lease, and a utility bill or mortgage in their name.
If you are missing birth certificate or immunization, please contact your doctor or previous school and have them send those items directly to you. Please note that Student Support does not request student records or receive faxes from previous schools or doctor offices.
Only mom or dad listed on the birth certificate is allowed to register the student. Court guardianship, a notarized delegation of custody or power of attorney also are acceptable for assigning guardianship.
Passport or military I.D. are acceptable as alternate forms of identification if a birth certificate isn't available.
Hospital birth notices are not accepted for identification.
A child must be 5 years old by October 1 of the current school year to attend Kindergarten.
Please ensure the student's name is on the immunization record.
Valid Proof of Residency
- Current utility bill within the last 30 days (electric, cable/internet or satellite, water, landline, trash). If a bill is discontinued or past due date, it is not acceptable. The bill must be in parent or guardian’s name
- Lease agreement (must be current in the parent or guardian’s name)
- Mortgage statement in parent or guardian’s name. If you live with someone or the bills are in the name of someone other than the legal parent or guardian, a notarized Residency Verification Form must be provided with one of the previously listed valid proofs of residency
Before you begin Online Registration
New Student Registration - click here to register online
Before you begin, please disable pop-up blockers in your browser and gather the following:
- Household information - address and phone numbers
- Parent information - work and cell phone numbers, email addresses
- Student information - demographic and health/medication information
- Emergency contact - phone numbers
Please note the application number in the upper right-hand corner of the window once you click the link to register. Write this number down to use as a follow-up on the process.
Scan and have all three required documents ready to upload into the application (birth certificate, immunization, and valid proof of residency)
Note: required fields are marked with a red asterisk (*) and the district will receive the data exactly as it is entered. Please be careful of spelling and punctuation. Dates should be entered as MM/DD/YYYY and phone numbers as xxx-xxx-xxxx.
Online Registration Step-by-Step
Step 1 - Create an Online Registration Account using the parent/guardian name and a valid email
Step 2 - Sign into your email account and open the “Welcome to Online Registration” email
Step 3 - Click the link in the email to begin the registration process (if the link isn’t highlighted, copy and paste it into your browser's address bar)
Step 4 - Complete and submit the application
Step 5 - Application is reviewed and processed by Student Support staff
Step 6 - Once the application is processed, the parent/guardian will receive an email listing the assigned school(s) with the contact information of the school(s) registrar
Step 7 - Parent/Guardian will complete enrollment at the assigned school(s)
If you are having difficulty completing the registration or uploading documents, you can contact Student Support at 719-579-2550 or visit 1060 Harrison Road, Colorado Springs, CO 80905 Monday thru Friday from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
You may access our street directory to locate your school of residence. After locating your home school, click here for bus schedules, school information, and the Code of Conduct. For your convenience, you may also access our online district map and district calendar.
*Note: all online applications will remain open for 30 days. If all documents are not submitted and/or the application isn’t completed, the application is deleted and must be resubmitted. All complete applications are processed in the order received.
If your child is enrolled in special programs and has an IEP, 504, is Gifted & Talented or receiving ELL (English second language) services, please note additional questions or documents may be required to complete the registration.
Throughout the registration process, we will communicate with you via the email provided during the online registration. Please check your email frequently including your spam and junk mail.
1060 Harrison Road
Colorado Springs, CO 80905
Monday - Friday
7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.