PLEASE STAY TUNED...P-EBT (Federal Pandemic Electronic Benefits) ISSUANCE EXPECTED IN THE SPRING...
*P-EBT BENEFITS FOR STUDENTS 2020-2021 SCHOOL YEAR
No action required by families or sponsors...yet!
Colorado Dept of Education (CDE) and Colorado Dept of Human Services (CDHS) are still in the planning phase.
To apply for P-EBT or have more questions? Please click here.
To get your student's state-issued student identification (SASID), please contact the school your child is enrolled at.
If your child attends Mt. Vista Home School Academy or Pikes Peak BOCES-please complete a free and reduced meal application as this may determine if your family qualifies for the P-EBT.
Nutrition Services: Providing healthy meals for energy throughout the day
Fueling Future Minds
History of School Nutrition Programs
In 1946, the U. S. Congress created the National School Lunch Program (NSLP), as a measure of national security to safeguard the health and well-being of the Nation's children and to encourage the consumption of nutritious domestic agricultural commodities and other food. In 1966, Congress created the School Breakfast Program (SBP).
The basic objectives of both programs remain the same today. School nutrition programs serve education, families, and communities in these ways:
- Children who are well nourished perform better and have fewer absences
- Nourished children experience fewer social and psychological difficulties
- School meals provide balanced nutrition and minimize food safety concerns
- Parents appreciate the convenience, quality, and affordability of school meals
- School meals support the local economy and provide jobs
- Colorado schools serve 49.1 million lunches and 7.7 million breakfasts each year
- Over 3,000 foodservice professionals serve Colorado's children each day
- Average daily participation in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP) is 287,846
- Average daily participation in the School Breakfast Program (SBP) is 45,271
- Over 700 schools participate in the School Breakfast Program (SBP)
- Harrison Nutrition Services employs 124 professionals
- Over 500,000 breakfasts are served in our schools yearly
- Over 1,200,000 lunches are served in our schools yearly
- Average daily participation in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP) is 6,953
- Average daily participation in the School Breakfast Program (SBP) is 2,970
Nutrition Services Department