Guidelines for School Visitors and Volunteers
The Harrison School District uses the Raptor Visitor Management System in all of our district schools to build on the district’s program of campus safety for students and faculty. Part of keeping students and faculty safe is knowing who is in our building at all times and the Raptor system allows us to do that. The Raptor system allows us to track visitors, contractors, and volunteers in our schools and provides us with a safer environment for our students and staff.
The Raptor Visitor Management software can:
- Electronically log visitors at check-in
- Print visitor badges
- Screen all visitors against a national sex offender database
- Provide real-time offender alerts
Check-in and Check-out Procedures
Here is what to expect when you visit any school building in the District during regular hours:
- Access to a building will require that we scan your driver’s license or photo ID to register you in the system.
- Upon approval and a photo match, an ID badge will print and you will be given access.
- If you do not have a valid state-issued ID, you will be asked a number of questions by the Administration as to the purpose of your visit and if answered appropriately a staff member will manually enter your name into the Raptor system and a badge will be printed for you. A staff member will then escort you to your location.
- Upon completion of your visit, you are to return your badge to the front office so they can mark your visit complete.
*A visitor's badge will not be necessary to drop off or pick up an item in the office. Only visitors going beyond the front office must obtain a visitor's badge