Your District Security Department since the 2013-2014 school year has upgraded the Harrison School District with:
- Establishing the Standard Response Protocol for the District and conducted over 75 training sessions with Principals and their staff.
- Established an Audible Alarm system to aid in the notification of an emergency lockdown.
- Established an Emergency phone intercom system for the Administration Complex.
- Supplied the High Schools with security station desks with security cameras and monitors.
- Standardized the Security Department's equipment, such as weaponry and medical kits, etc.
- Brought in the School Cop database for capturing the District Security reports and activities.
- Placed all Security Teams in the same Security uniform for quick identification and continuity between schools.
- Requested and hired a District Security Coordinator.
- Obtained over $100,000 in grants for new security equipment, including cameras and monitors.
- Conducted training sessions for Security personnel covering multiple security and law enforcement issues.
- Brought to the District the RAPTOR security scanners for all of the schools and the administration office.
- In 2018 Campus Security Officers came under the management of the Security Director for improved efficiency.