Deadline for submitting a daily Meal Pickup Order is 9:30am the day the meal will be picked up. You can now submit your order through the HSD2 District App!
Standard Response Protocol (SRP) has changed terminology this year. View the English and Spanish flyer.
Click for more information.
City Center Speaker Series
Attention HSD2 Families and Staff. MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD on the issues that matter to your family and neighborhood! Learn from the best and brightest on topics concerning parks, transit, urbanization, jobs creation and more at four FREE virtual seminars:
Jan. 20 - Talent Development in the City Center
Feb. 17 - Equity in Transportation
Mar. 17 - How to Retain Your Community's Soul During Rapid Development
Apr. 14 - Public Space Design for Public Health Equity
Why Should You Choose Us?
You should choose us because...
- We are home to many military families with MFLAC
- We have 20 Certified Teachers
- All students and families matter
- We have 1 Social Worker, 1 Counselor, and 1 Psychologist
- We focus on growth for all scholars
- We serve a diverse population
- 54% Male
- 46% Female
- 39% White
- 38% Hispanic
- 13% Black
- 3% Asian
- 10% Other
- We foster a family environment
- All students deserve 166 days of the best of the best bell to bell instruction!
Fun facts about Otero staff...
- 74% of our staff were transplanted into Colorado
- 55% of our staff have dedicated 5 or more years at Otero
- 74% of our staff have an Associate's Degree or higher
- 7 of our staff members have a Master's Degree
- 39% of our staff are Denver Broncos Fans
- 68% of our staff loves Football
- All of our staff LOVES FOOD
- #1 Mexican
- #2 Italian
- #3 Pizza
Otero staff believes...
- I believe our administration team manages, coaches, adapts, encourages, repairs, communicates, instructs, holds staff accountable, and spends countless hours to prepare and provide the best leadership to all families, staff, and students! (Mr. Kaiser)
- I believe we have students capable of success and teachers that not only believe in our students but who are also committed to doing what it takes for every student, every day! (Ms. Bonine)
- I believe that Otero is a team whose main focus is to diligently pursue any and all components necessary to support, engage, encourage, and empower student success. (Mrs. Arellano)