Federal Pandemic Electronic Benefits Transfer Program Provides Supplemental Food Money to Eligible Families
You may be eligible to receive $279 per child to help feed your family due to COVID-19. Pandemic EBT, or P-EBT, is a new beneﬁt for families that usually receive free and reduced-price school meals.
Proposed improvements: extending existing bike lanes along portions of Chelton Road and Jet Wing Drive, creating bike lanes on a portion of Hancock Expressway. Join the digital public meeting Tuesday, July 14 from 6 - 7 p.m.
Read, Imagine, and Move activities for ages 0-18. The Summer Adventure game presented by Children’s Hospital of Colorado helps kids and teens stay engaged and active over the summer months.
Click for more information.
SUMMER OFFICE HOURS – please leave us a message and we will return your call: 719-579-2110
June 9 & 11 from 9 am - 1 pm
June 15 & June 16 from 7 am - 3 pm
June 17 - July 1, Tue, Wed, Thu ONLY, from 8 am - 4 pm
July 2 - July 10 - CLOSED
July 13, M-F, from 7 am - 3 pm
NEW STUDENT REGISTRATION
For your convenience, we have placed a self-serve container in front of our building with Registration Packets. You may return the completed packet with the corresponding documents to us during our Summer Office Hours, or take the packet to the district office (1060 Harrison Road) M-F, 8:00 am - 3:30 pm. For immediate registration assistance, please call the district office at 719-579-2001
In an effort to keep you updated about D2’s Return to School 2020 Plan, please see the following:
- Our Return to Learning Steering Committee has been working hard to bring our plan to staff, parents, students, and community
- The plan will be fluid and could change based on changing information
- Parents and community partners will receive this plan on Monday, July 20th via email, the District website, the District app and reminders on social media
- We can tell you now that every student will receive a laptop and parents will be able to choose In-Person Learning or eLearning
- Schools will host student check-in days the last week of July and those dates/times will be posted to school websites, Facebook pages and the school marquis by July 17, 2020
- The first official day of school has been delayed to Monday, August 10th while family/student orientations will occur on August 6th and 7th
- The Family Economic Data Survey is available online for D2 families. We encourage you to participate. If your children attend one or more of the schools below, please be aware that meals are provided at no cost without completing this application. However, completing this form provides additional benefits to you and the district such as grants, program funding, athletic waivers, and textbooks assistance, among others.
Elementary Schools: Bricker; Centennial; Giberson; Monterey; Oak Creek; Otero; Pikes Peak; Sand Creek International; Soaring Eagles; Stratmoor Hills; Stratton Meadows; Turman; Wildflower; Mountain Vista Community School (K-8)
Middle Schools: Carmel; Fox Meadow; Panorama
High Schools: Harrison; Sierra; Career Readiness Academy
District Office Hours
District offices are open 8 am - 4 pm, Mon - Fri.
Check your school website or Facebook page for their summer hours if you need to reach a school staff person.
Why Should You Choose Us?
You should choose us because...
- We are home to many military families with MFLAC
- We have 21 Certified Teachers
- All students and families matter
- We have 1 Social Worker, 1 Counselor, and 1 Psychologist
- We focus on growth for all scholars
- We serve a diverse population
- 54% Male
- 46% Female
- 39% White
- 38% Hispanic
- 13% Black
- 3% Asian
- 10% Other
- We foster a family environment
- All students deserve 173 days of the best of the best bell to bell instruction!
Fun facts about Otero staff...
- 28% of our staff are Colorado Natives
- 32% of our staff have dedicated 5 or more years at Otero
- 82% of our staff have an Associate's Degree or higher
- 12 of our staff members have a Master's Degree
- 34% of our staff are Denver Broncos Fans
- 58% of our staff loves Football
- All of our staff LOVES FOOD
- #1 Mexican
- #2 Pizza
- #3 Italian
Otero staff believes...
- I believe our administration team manages, coaches, adapts, encourages, repairs, communicates, instructs, holds staff accountable, and spends countless hours to prepare and provide the best leadership to all families, staff, and students! (Mr. Kaiser)
- I believe we have students capable of success and teachers that not only believe in our students but who are also committed to doing what it takes for every student, every day! (Mrs. Karbowski)
- I believe that Otero is a team whose main focus is to diligently pursue any and all components necessary to support, engage, encourage, and empower student success. (Mrs. Arellano)