Federal Pandemic Electronic Benefits Transfer Program Provides Supplemental Food Money to Eligible Families
You may be eligible to receive $279 per child to help feed your family due to COVID-19. Pandemic EBT, or P-EBT, is a new beneﬁt for families that usually receive free and reduced-price school meals.
Read, Imagine, and Move activities for ages 0-18. The Summer Adventure game presented by Children’s Hospital of Colorado helps kids and teens stay engaged and active over the summer months.
Click for more information.
In an effort to keep you informed about D2’s Return to School 2020 Plan, please see the following:
- Our Return to Learning Steering Committee has been working hard to bring our plan to staff, parents, students, and community
- The plan will be fluid and could change based on changing information
- Parents and community partners will receive this plan on Monday, July 20th via email, the District website, the District app and reminders on social media
- We can tell you now that every student will receive a laptop and parents will be able to choose In-Person Learning or eLearning
- Schools will host student check-in days the last week of July and those dates/times will be posted to school websites, Facebook pages and the school marquis by July 17, 2020
- The first official day of school has been delayed to Monday, August 10th while family/student orientations will occur on August 6th and 7th
- The Family Economic Data Survey is available online for D2 families. We encourage you to participate. If your children attend one or more of the schools below, please be aware that meals are provided at no cost without completing this application. However, completing this form provides additional benefits to you and the district such as grants, program funding, athletic waivers, and textbooks assistance, among others.
Elementary Schools: Bricker; Centennial; Giberson; Monterey; Oak Creek; Otero; Pikes Peak; Sand Creek International; Soaring Eagles; Stratmoor Hills; Stratton Meadows; Turman; Wildflower; Mountain Vista Community School (K-8)
Middle Schools: Carmel; Fox Meadow; Panorama
High Schools: Harrison; Sierra; Career Readiness Academy
District Office Hours
District offices are open 8 am - 4 pm, Mon - Fri.
Check your school website or Facebook page for their summer hours if you need to reach a school staff person.
Free Resources to Support Students & Learning While Schools are Closed
Literacy ResourcesFluency & Fitness https://fluencyandfitness.com/register/school-closures/Squiggle Park www.squigglepark.comStoryline Online www.storylineonline.netTyping Club www.typingclub.comRaz-Kids https://www.raz-kids.com/
Math ResourcesProdigy https://play.prodigygame.com/Khan Academy www.khanacademy.orgEureka Math Resources https://hubs.ly/H0nBmVz0
Science and Social Studies ResourcesMystery Doug (science) www.mysterydoug.comNational Geographic Kids www.kids.nationalgeographic.com12 Famous Museums Offer Virtual Tours https://tinyurl.com/tu3r8o5Outdoor STEAM Ideas https://www.naturemattersacademy.com/newslettersignup
At Oak Creek Elementary we strive to provide:
· A positive environment
· A sense of community
· A committed and dedicated staff
· Academic and social growth opportunities:
- Extended learning opportunities for Reading and Language Arts, Math
- Art Club
- Landsharks Running Club
- Student Council
- A focus on academic growth
We Empower, Inspire and Nurture Scholars!