AOA's guidance counseling services are utilized to impart specific skills and learning opportunities in a proactive, preventive manner, ensuring all students can achieve school success through academic, career, personal/social development, and community involvement experiences. The guidance counseling service is provided by the designated certified school guidance counselor in coordination with teaching staff and any appropriate student personnel service providers with a developed counseling program infused with focused targets for areas of development.
Mr. Taylor will implement the Guidance Counseling Program by providing the following:
School Guidance Curriculum: School Counselors provide classroom lessons, twice per month, to each class, K-12 academic support, including organizational, study, and test-taking skills, goal setting, and decision-making.
- Bullying prevention and awareness
- Academic planning and support
- Career awareness, exploration, and planning
- Character education
- Communication, problem-solving, and conflict resolution
- Education on understanding self and others, including peer relationships, coping strategies, and effective social skills
- Multicultural/diversity awareness
Matt Taylor LMSW