On June 20, the Board voted to name Dr. Wendy Birhanzel and Mr. John Rogerson as Dual Superintendents.
8:00 AM - 2:00 PM Kinder Check In - By Appointment Only 8-2 @ Fox Meadow RM 902
7:00 AM - 2:00 PM Phone Check In Day - 7-2
8:00 AM - 2:00 PM Kinder Check In - By Appointment Only - 8-2 @ Fox Meadow RM 902
7:00 AM - 2:00 PM 1st & 2nd Grade Check In 7-2 @ Fox Meadow RM 902
7:00 AM - 2:00 PM 3rd - 5th Grade Check In 7-2 @ Fox Meadow RM 902
July 26, 2019
7:00 AM - 2:00 PM Last Check In Day K-5th 7-2 @ Fox Meadow RM 902
August 7, 2019
4:00 PM - 6:00 PM Back To School BBQ - 4-6
August 8, 2019
STUDENT CHECK-IN @ FOX MEADOW MS
1450 Cheyenne Meadows Rd. (RM 902)
Kinder (By Appointment Only)
Kinder (By Appointment Only)
K-5 Phone Check-In 7:00 am - 2:00 pm
(If you are out of town and can't make it to our check-in, please call us and we will get you checked in via phone 719-579-2110)
1st & 2nd Grade 7:00 am - 2:00 pm
3rd - 5th Grade 7:00 am - 2:00 pm
K-5 7:00 am - 2:00 pm
Attention Parents: HSD2 will provide Otero Elementary students with FREE school supplies for the 2019-2020 school year. Students will only need to bring a backpack.
The District will use Title I funds to purchase the school supplies for K-8 students to be provided in the classroom. We believe this will be a benefit to students, parents, and teachers by ensuring students have what they need.
Teacher Of The Year - Nina Matonich
Why Should You Choose Us?
We are currently under construction for the summer.
If you would like information on how to register a new student or have questions, please contact 719-579-2110
Record Requests, please email to email@example.com
Click and check out a sneak peek for our 2019/2020 School Year changes!
You should choose us because...
- We are home to many military families with MFLAC
- We have 25 Certified Teachers (2 Distinguished)
- All students and families matter
- We have 1 Distinguished Social Worker and 1 Psychologist
- We focus on growth for all scholars
- We serve a diverse population
- 56% Male
- 44% Female
- 42% White
- 37% Hispanic
- 8% Black
- 2% Asian
- 11% Other
- We foster a family environment
- All students deserve 176 days of the best of the best bell to bell instruction!
Fun facts about Otero staff!!
- 26% of our staff are Colorado Natives
- 31% of our staff have dedicated 5 or more years at Otero
- 11 Staff members have Master Degrees
- 9 Educational Support Employees have higher education degrees
- 43% of our staff are Bronco Fans
- 50% of our staff loves Football
- All of our staff LOVES FOOD
- #1 Mexican
- #2 Pizza
- #3 Chocolate
Otero Staff believes:
- Otero has the best teacher support system that I have ever seen. When teachers are provided with continuous resources and training, the students are the ones who benefit the most! (Mrs. Key)
- Our school excels at offering educational and life learning opportunities for ALL children. We understand the value of incorporating "Exploration" classes and individual instruction to reach all learning styles! (Mr. Kaiser)
- We want to be here to ensure your students are more than just a number. Otero is a diverse community that will set your student up for success! (Ms. Ozoa)
- Otero has a dedicated multi-tiered system of support teams who meet weekly to design, implement, and monitor creative ways to ensure all students' academic and social-emotional needs are met daily! (Mrs. Karbowski)