On March 18, Governor Polis ordered that all public and private schools across the state suspend in-person learning to April 17.
Comcast is helping to connect more low-income families to the Internet at home during the Coronavirus.
Click for more information.
April 6, 2020
April 7, 2020
April 8, 2020
April 9, 2020
April 10, 2020
Dear Harrison School District Two Families,
The District is committed to bringing you updates during the COVID-19 pandemic. Please encourage your friends and family to follow our website updates, Facebook and even the District app.
Stay-at-home order issued statewide in Colorado by the Governor. Schools Closed by the Governor of Colorado through April 17, 2020.
Food and Meal Resources:
HSD2 will provide two meals, in one bag, for children 0-18 years of age. Child NO LONGER has to be present.
Beginning on Monday, March 30th meals will be available at ALL SCHOOLS from 10:00 a.m. - noon (Weekday only).
Need two months of free internet? Visit Comcast.
Remote Learning starts on April 7th, read about it in our news story.
Dr. Birhanzel and Mr. Rogerson
Why Should You Choose Us?
You should choose us because...
- We are home to many military families with MFLAC
- We have 22 Certified Teachers
- All students and families matter
- We have 1 Social Worker, 1 Counselor, and 1 Psychologist
- We focus on growth for all scholars
- We serve a diverse population
- 54% Male
- 46% Female
- 39% White
- 38% Hispanic
- 13% Black
- 3% Asian
- 10% Other
- We foster a family environment
- All students deserve 174 days of the best of the best bell to bell instruction!
Fun facts about Otero staff...
- 28% of our staff are Colorado Natives
- 32% of our staff have dedicated 5 or more years at Otero
- 82% of our staff have an Associate's Degree or higher
- 12 of our staff members have a Master's Degree
- 34% of our staff are Denver Broncos Fans
- 58% of our staff loves Football
- All of our staff LOVES FOOD
- #1 Mexican
- #2 Pizza
- #3 Italian
Otero staff believes...
- I believe our administration team manages, coaches, adapts, encourages, repairs, communicates, instructs, holds staff accountable, and spends countless hours to prepare and provide the best leadership to all families, staff, and students! (Mr. Kaiser)
- I believe we have students capable of success and teachers that not only believe in our students but who are also committed to doing what it takes for every student, every day! (Mrs. Karbowski)
- Otero is committed to the academic, emotional, behavioral, and social growth of every student who walks into the building. Our teachers are enthusiastic, determined, loving, and goal-oriented to an extent that ensures our best practices daily. (Ms. Smith)
- I believe that Otero students are worthy of being invested in. They are the future products of our environment; let's feed them everything they need in order to continue sprouting and growing. (Mrs. Bryant)
- I believe that Otero is a team whose main focus is to diligently pursue any and all components necessary to support, engage, encourage, and empower student success. (Mrs. Arellano)