From daily dose 719: COVID has created challenges for schools and families across the US but in many ways it brought us together. HSD2 has been working to address inequities long before COVID, which put them ahead of the game for providing resources for families in the district.
Standard Response Protocol (SRP) has changed terminology this year. View the English and Spanish flyer.
Click for more information.
5:30 PM - 6:30 PM Volunteer Meeting @ 5:30-6:30 @ Otero
October 26, 2021
October 27, 2021
October 28, 2021
October 29, 2021
8:00 AM - 9:00 AM Annual Harvest Day Parade @ 1:45
November 7, 2021
November 11, 2021
November 12, 2021
November 16, 2021
Why Should You Choose Us?
You should choose us because...
- We are home to many military families with MFLAC
- We have 20 Certified Teachers
- All students and families matter
- We have 1 Social Worker, 1 Counselor, and 1 Psychologist
- We focus on growth for all scholars
- We serve a diverse population
- 54% Male
- 46% Female
- 39% White
- 38% Hispanic
- 13% Black
- 3% Asian
- 10% Other
- We foster a family environment
- All students deserve 166 days of the best of the best bell to bell instruction!
Fun facts about Otero staff...
- 74% of our staff were transplanted into Colorado
- 55% of our staff have dedicated 5 or more years at Otero
- 74% of our staff have an Associate's Degree or higher
- 7 of our staff members have a Master's Degree
- 39% of our staff are Denver Broncos Fans
- 68% of our staff loves Football
- All of our staff LOVES FOOD
- #1 Mexican
- #2 Italian
- #3 Pizza
Otero staff believes...
- I believe our administration team manages, coaches, adapts, encourages, repairs, communicates, instructs, holds staff accountable, and spends countless hours to prepare and provide the best leadership to all families, staff, and students! (Mr. Kaiser)
- I believe we have students capable of success and teachers that not only believe in our students but who are also committed to doing what it takes for every student, every day! (Ms. Bonine)
- I believe that Otero is a team whose main focus is to diligently pursue any and all components necessary to support, engage, encourage, and empower student success. (Mrs. Arellano)