Federal Pandemic Electronic Benefits Transfer Program Provides Supplemental Food Money to Eligible Families
You may be eligible to receive $279 per child to help feed your family due to COVID-19. Pandemic EBT, or P-EBT, is a new beneﬁt for families that usually receive free and reduced-price school meals.
Proposed improvements: extending existing bike lanes along portions of Chelton Road and Jet Wing Drive, creating bike lanes on a portion of Hancock Expressway. Join the digital public meeting Tuesday, July 14 from 6 - 7 p.m.
Read, Imagine, and Move activities for ages 0-18. The Summer Adventure game presented by Children’s Hospital of Colorado helps kids and teens stay engaged and active over the summer months.
The Gazette: Plans move ahead on $32 million project to replace Carmel Middle School in southeast Colorado Springs
A development plan to replace Carmel Middle School with a new 100,000-square-foot school on the same site where it has stood for nearly 50 years is in the hands of Colorado Springs city planners.
Student check-in will be held in Panorama's gymnasium on the following dates/times.
July 29th 12-8pm
July 30th 8-4pm
July 31st 8-4pm
We will be practicing social distancing and masks are required.
See you there!
2020-2021 School Year FAQs
CARMEL MIDDLE SCHOOL
6th Grade will be a school within a school at Monterey Elementary School, Grades 7 and 8 will be a school within a school at Panorama Middle School.
- Carmel Middle School will have its own designated spaces within each host school.
- Carmel students will be taught by Carmel teachers.
- 6th graders will be transported to Panorama for all after-school clubs and sports.
- Enrollment of new students for grades 6 through 8 will take place TUE /THU 9:00-1:00 at Panorama.
Preguntas frecuentes sobre el año escolar 2020-2021
ESCUELA INTERMEDIA CARMEL
6th Grado será una escuela dentro de una escuela en la Escuela Primaria Monterey Los grados 7 y 8 serán una escuela dentro de una escuela en la escuela secundaria Panorama.
- Carmel Middle School tendrá sus propios espacios designados dentro de cada escuela anfitriona.
- Los estudiantes de Carmel serán enseñados por maestros de Carmel.
- Los estudiantes de sexto grado serán transportados a Panorama para todos los clubes y deportes después de la escuela.
- La inscripción de nuevos estudiantes para los grados 6º a 8º tendrá lugar TU / TH 9:00-1:00 en Panorama.
In an effort to keep you updated about D2’s Return to School 2020 Plan, please see the following:
- Our Return to Learning Steering Committee has been working hard to bring our plan to staff, parents, students, and community
- The plan will be fluid and could change based on changing information
- Parents and community partners will receive this plan on Monday, July 20th via email, the District website, the District app and reminders on social media
- We can tell you now that every student will receive a laptop and parents will be able to choose In-Person Learning or eLearning
- Schools will host student check-in days the last week of July and those dates/times will be posted to school websites, Facebook pages and the school marquis by July 17, 2020
- The first official day of school has been delayed to Monday, August 10th while family/student orientations will occur on August 6th and 7th
- The Family Economic Data Survey is available online for D2 families. We encourage you to participate. If your children attend one or more of the schools below, please be aware that meals are provided at no cost without completing this application. However, completing this form provides additional benefits to you and the district such as grants, program funding, athletic waivers, and textbooks assistance, among others.
Elementary Schools: Bricker; Centennial; Giberson; Monterey; Oak Creek; Otero; Pikes Peak; Sand Creek International; Soaring Eagles; Stratmoor Hills; Stratton Meadows; Turman; Wildflower; Mountain Vista Community School (K-8)
Middle Schools: Carmel; Fox Meadow; Panorama
High Schools: Harrison; Sierra; Career Readiness Academy
District Office Hours
District offices are open 8 am - 4 pm, Mon - Fri.
Check your school website or Facebook page for their summer hours if you need to reach a school staff person.
We are a community of life-long learners who value relationships built on trust. We create collaborative and engaging learning environments that cultivate students curiosity, empathy, and risk-taking. We want our students to receive the best instruction and prepare them to make educated decisions about college or career choices.
We know parents and/or guardians are essential to the success of students, we strive to work in partnership with parents and/or guardians to accomplish that goal through the very involved Parent Program (VIP) and a variety of community and family engagement opportunities.
Carmel Middle School offers a mindset of continuous growth and development whole in pursuit of exemplary learning.