Obtaining financial aid to finance college and vocational programs can be a time-intensive and confusing process, but for most families IT IS WORTH THE EFFORT!
Websites to help understand the financial aid process:
To apply for Federal Student Aid:
- www.pin.ed.gov - You must apply for a pin to start your online account.
- www.fafsa.ed.gov - Fill out your Free Application for Federal Student Aid online for fastest processing (paper applications are available in the counseling office).
- CSS Financial Aid PROFILE - Require mainly by private schools.
Other Sources of Aid:
Information About Financial Aid:
Financial Aid Tips:
- Learn all you can about the college financial aid process. Visit the websites above and talk with a financial aid administrator.
- Complete the FAFSA even if you think you do not quality for aid. Some scholarship and most schools require it before they will award aid.
- Financial Aid should not cost more than a postage stamp. All of the resources listed here are free. If you have questions ask your school counselor.
- Apply! You can't win awards or receive funds for which you do not apply. Make a list of all your deadlines and refer to it often.